‘I find the strategies really do engage the students in higher order discussion and they also report back that they enjoy lessons where we focus primarily on discussion as it provides them with opportunities to really think about the concepts we are studying in English’ Peta Clark
All courses are taught by current practicing teachers with national accreditation as P4C trainers.
All courses are accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority (formerly BOSTES) for Quality Teaching Council Registered Professional Development.
- Taster Session – an introductory session suitable for a whole of school Professional Development event – half day 3 PD points.
- Foundation Course Day One – an introductory practical workshop for class room teachers – 6 PD points
- Foundation Course Day Two – follows and consolidates the Day One course. Participants will be able to commence practicing philosophy in the classroom – 6 PD points.
- Foundation+ Focus on Literacy – one day 6 PD points
- Foundation+ Thinking Mathematically – one day 6PD points
- Philosophy with 5 year olds – one day 6PD points
- Foundation+ Focus on Science – one day 6PD points
- Foundation+ Focus on the Living World – TBA
Customised packages are available for schools wanting a cost effective and sustainable program including the Foundation and extension Foundation+ courses, post course consultation, coaching, modelling and program planning across the curriculum. Please email us to discuss by emailing at contact at kinderphilosophy.com